inLinks: Make Money from Old Blog Posts

inLinks: Make Money from Old Blog Posts

Link to The Lady Programmer

inLinks: Make Money from Old Blog Posts

Posted: 03 Feb 2010 04:33 AM PST


Recommended moneymakers:
be a freelancer in oDesk -writer, web or graphic designers highly needed inLinks: earn passive income from your blog

Visit The Lady Programmer to view this post titled inLinks: Make Money from Old Blog Posts

This review is based on my experience as a publisher selling links.

Honestly, I started blogging just because I wanted to earn money from them. I first discovered that I could write short paid review posts in between some non-paid posts. Eventually, as I build content, some people became my loyal readers, and it was not long before I became so conscious of what I write.

I earned a few hundred bucks from several paid review marketplaces using several blogs. However, doing paid reviews can be tiring. Doing one non-paid posts in between each paid review (as most review sites require it) makes me lose all my creative juices.

However, I found another way to monetize blogs: – a way to earn passively from your blog. InLinks matches keywords from my published posts and links these up to the advertiser's website. I earn from those linked keywords as long as the advertiser wants to. It can also run alongside any other ad networks such as Google Adsense.

I had received several payments from them over six months. The payment I get is not that huge because I only submitted a single blog to them. If I happen to have five blogs monetized with inLinks then I would be getting more or less a hundred dollars each month!

inLinks Paypal payment proof

inLinks Paypal payment proof

They never fail to pay me on the first day of each month. They pay by check, Paypal or Payoneer.

inLinks Payment history

seemed to favor blogs that have good pagerank rating (PR3 and above), nice Alexa traffic (500,000 and below) and plenty of old blog posts. I tried submitting two more blogs but these were not accepted. One of the blogs was a new one while the other is an older blog with PR2 rating but more than 1M Alexa ranking. In both cases, I can resubmit these blogs after a few months after improving these blogs’ pagerank and Alexa.

These several platforms qualify for : Drupal 6+, Drupal 5.x, Express Engine 1.6.x, Joomla 1.5.x, MovableType, Vbulletin, Wordpress 2.x, phpBB 3.x and MODx. If you happen to own a blog powered by Blogger or Blogspot, you cannot monetize that for inLinks, but you can still sign up for an account or be an affiliate. I had only submitted a single Wordpress blog where I had to install a plugin that automatically links my keywords to the advertiser's website – so I do not have to hunt and modify those old posts to link that keyword.

Unlike paid review marketplaces, I can post as little or as often as I like on my blog. I can still sell links even if I decide to go on blogging hiatus. I do not also need to compose new blog posts using a particular keyword. I just have to let inLinks find an advertiser and automatically link* my existing post to the advertiser's website. I do not have to worry too, as inLinks had been true to their word that they would not be linking my blog to inappropriate sites such as adult, pharmacy and gambling sites. My old posts are still useful after all!

As a way of thanking me in introducing another way to make money in blogging, please use my referral banner below to sign up for a FREE account.

*inLinks uses two approval systems – A and B. You can decide to go for system A, in which you leave inLinks to decide advertisers, or go for option system B, where you can manually approve advertisers. I am using option A.

Related Posts

0 comments: